Finally, I Get To Know What They Mean
Man, nobody ever told me these either. It would’ve been nice to have a clue about the ones for ‘bleach’ and ‘dry clean’, because they’re about as intuitive as a broken electric door.
Hades speaks to me on a spiritual level
why does tumblr always relate to the satan of every fandom
Because it’s easier to identify with a flawed character then some kind of ultra human the hero normally is portrayed as.
Possibly also because Satan figures in media typically live in dark holes in the ground, spend most of their time laughing at others’ misfortunes, and communicate primarily by means of passive-aggressive snark.
That last comment
versions of batman i actually like:
- actual honest to god mystery/crime solving batman, with actual mysteries and crimes to solve (very very rare)
- silver age + adam west batman, goofy and fun and charming as hell
- batman as figure who wants nothing more than to have a family and is desperately trying to figure out how to actually be a good parent/move away from the constant war
versions of batman i can’t fucking stand
- "batman is the best because batman"
The Great Pumpkin House
Every halloween season, the house at 748 Beech Street in Kenova, West Virginia is transformed into the Great Pumpkin House. The owner, Ric Griffith and hundreds of other volunteers carve thousands of pumpkins for display at his home every halloween.
The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze
Held every year in New York, the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze is a 25-night-long Halloween event featuring some 5,000 hand-carved, illuminated pumpkins arranged into dinosaurs, witches, zombies, and other spooky forms. Via Instagram:
Although only associated with Halloween as we know it today since the late 1800s, the tradition of gourd carving dates back to the 18th and 19th centuries in rural Ireland and England. People created jack o’lanterns for the old holidays of Samhain and All Souls’ Night when spirits were thought to be the most active. Grotesque faces carved into the objects were meant to frighten away any ghouls seeking to do harm.
OH MY FUCKING GOD. THANK YOU
Reminding you that with a single click you can:
- feed the hungry
- provide a free mammogram
- give food and care to a shelter animal
- provide a homeless veteran with a meal
- fund alzheimer’s research
- fund diabetes research
- provide books for children
- protect wildlife habitat
It’s completely free.